This year I have been really frugal with my coins when it comes to shopping. Now that’s not to say that I haven’t bought anything but I’ve just been very purposeful in what I buy. To ease my shopping urges….I thrift.
This #OOTD was under $15
Tank – Target on clearance $3
Matching Skirt & Sweater- Goodwill $7.50
Necklace- Outlet Mall Destin, FL $3
Here are some of MY favorite thrifting tips.
These tips make thrifting a fun shopping experience
I shop in the men’s section for shirts & sweaters
- Don’t only shop in your size. Things will get all mixed up so shop the whole section, shop the whole store.
- I shop year round. Yes I buy sweaters in July & tank tops in December.
- If you see something you like put it in your cart, it will be gone if you don’t. Believe it or not people watch each other.
- First, know your brands…Some brands I will not thrift. Mainly because I still don’t think it’s worth it and because it was probably on clearance at some point for cheaper than what I’m paying. Also, how much longer will it hold up?
- Second, know your brands…some designer brands will automatically grab my attention. If it’s a good brand, I know that it has the potential to last. This is definitely quality or quantity.
- Shop during off hours. I like to shop during the week when the store first opens. There is less traffic and more room to move around.
- Patience is a virtue. Take your time.
- Dress for the occasion. T shirt & leggings are a must & slip on shoes. My naked feet can NOT touch the floor. And not all stores have dressing rooms so you might have to try on in the aisles.
- I TRY to have a list but I’m not good at sticking to it. A piece really has to move me for me to buy it.
- If it doesn’t fit…walk away. If you know that you are NOT good at getting things tailored or mended don’t buy it. (raises hand) You’ll just have more clutter in your closet.
- This should be a given but…. WASH BEFORE YOU WEAR
Where do you like to thrift?
Beewisdom- Thrifting: An Economical way to find fashion treasures
Photo credit: Nikki Gibbs