Today I am blessed to celebrate my 53rd trip around the sun.
I thought I would take this moment to share a few things that, as Oprah would say, I KNOW FOR SURE. Let me add that these are things that I know for sure in my life. These are my experiences that came by way of some hardheaded bought lessons.
What I know for sure:
- You are never to old to learn
- Surround yourself with people that care about your heart
- You are NOT always right
- Age does not mean mature
- Having someone that truly loves you matters
- You need people in your life, life is lonely and boring without others
- You have been hurt but you have to learn to trust again (easier said than done but worth it)
- You can enjoy life AND save for a rainy day
- You need to travel the world to broaden your horizons
- Your city is what you make it, Aint It Mane!
- Everyone will not like you & that’s okay
- Your home should be a place of peace
- Your perfect kids are not perfect
- Your perfect spouse is not perfect
- Keeping folks out of your business reduces gossip
- You can start over
Photos by Christine Phillips
- Bad times don’t last always & neither do the good times. Learn from both
- Listen to your body
- Your timeline is your timeline, stop comparing yourself to others
- You can be in a room full of people and still be lonely
- At the same time alone does not mean lonely
- You can kick yourself or you can kick but!! The choice is yours
I hope that you enjoyed my list. What is something about life that you know for sure?
Beewisdom- You catch more flies with honey, be nice to people.